Brief Details About Associate Investment Officer – Investment – IFC – Bangladesh:
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Investment
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Required Language(s): English
- Closing Date: 6/2/2023
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
Apply also: Watershed Management Specialist – FAO – Bangladesh
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Associate Investment Officer (AIO) will work closely with the South Asia Hub-Leader and team leads as part of project teams to assist in the origination, due diligence, structuring, negotiations and bidding of infrastructure projects.
- The AIO will work with national, state and local level governments in Bangladesh and across South Asia in identifying and developing PPP transactions for infrastructure projects.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Contribute to origination and marketing activities, including preparation of pitch books and PPP advisory proposals, market analysis, project assessments and client presentations;
- Prepare memos and documentations needed for internal approval;
- Perform financial analysis and modeling;
- Assist Transaction Leads in project management, including procurement and coordination of external consultants;
- Assist in preparing due diligence and transaction structuring reports, and in the review of legal, commercial, and technical outputs and documentation;
- Assist in preparing information memorandums, pre-qualification and tender documents;
- Assist in marketing to potential investors, conducting international competitive tenders and facilitating commercial/financial closure;
- Participate in meetings with government clients and investors; and
- Assist in other project or strategy related activities as the need arises (researches, reporting, etc.).
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- Solid and relevant experience, a minimum of five years in the infrastructure/PPP industry, gained in a financial or advisory institution either in project finance, corporate finance, M&A and privatizations, or private equity funds in infrastructure;
- Knowledge of overall industry sector trends and experience in infrastructure transactions/PPPs in South Asia, with a proven track record;
- Strong financial modeling skills and knowledge of finance;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently;
- Good presentation skills, both written and oral;
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work with teams in multiple transactions, delivering high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.