- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Budget & Programming Assistant at WFP are :
- Contribute to the assessment of budget plans, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance and make suggestions in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
- Provide basic analysis of fund and grant balances and refer to the supervisor discrepancies, to help maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Contribute to pipeline administration facilitating efficient monitoring to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
- Enter precise data in the corporate systems within the established deadlines, to enable easy access to information and support planning and decision-making.
- Compile data and provide basic study, preserve accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports for further reviews, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preserve communication with a number of individuals regarding project funds management matters and related processes to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
- Provide direction and on-the-job training to other staff in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to support continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow formal emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
APPLY ALSO: Coordination and Partnerships Officer at UNV
The requirements for Budget & Programming Assistant at WFP are :
- Fulfillment of Secondary school Education with a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. (First University Degree is desiarable)
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible background with one year at the lower grade level
- Command in both oral and written communication skills in English.