- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Sustainable trade and development
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Business Support Assistant at WFP Cairo are:
- Collate data for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to keep the effective work of other staff.
- Answer to standard queries and provide timely and precise guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and economic tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the useful and timely management of resources.
- Supply range of services, including coordinating for travels, event/workshop arrangements , logistic supports, vendor fees and facilitating new staff for office induction and request for equipment.
- Organize and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain connections with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proofread reports, documentation, likeness, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where proper.
- Donate to advancement of business procedures and processes.
- Manage and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Supply guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
APPLY ALSO: Associate Project Management Coordinator at UNV
The requirements for Business Support Assistant at WFP Cairo are:
- University degree in business management , social sciences, arts, or related field.
- Five or more years of progressively accountable work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general organizational work.
- Understanding of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Greatness communication skill and ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Capability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Capability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to observe and record financial transactions.
- Good transmission skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to keep confidentiality.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic is demanded.