- Organization: WFP – World Food Program
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Project and Program Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Cash & Voucher Program Associate are :
- Assure the process of verification and validation of distribution lists, payment receipts, stubs and coupons (the case of coupon projects) and other documents related to the reconciliation process.
- Assure the submission deadlines by the partners and their transmission to the units concerned (partnership, C&V, etc.) of the following documents: distribution and activity schedule, distribution reports and final project reports, various invoices, distribution lists, minutes, etc.
- Observe compliance with FLAs (distribution plans, number of beneficiaries, amount to be distributed, etc.) and partnership agreements as part of the implementation of C&V projects by partners.
- Contribute fully to the collection of data in order to define the most appropriate modalities to effectively meet the objectives of the WFP food service program in Chad.
- Assure regular contacts with implementing partners and decentralized State services with a view to preparing project activities at the sub-office level.
- Conduct technical analysis of C&V projects submitted by MAP partners and make relevant recommendations for the approval process and the project review committee (PRC).
- Partake in the organization of PRCs on C&V projects.
- Assure the sharing of information from the field with the units in charge of specific issues (partnership, finance, VAM).
- Observe and evaluate, in coordination with the sub-offices, the performance of C&V project activities, namely targeting, awareness-raising, use of resources and other activities related to the implementation of WFP-funded projects.
- Document lessons learned and best techniques in order to integrate them into a process of capitalization and capacity building.
- Assure a good relationship with implementing partners of WFP C&V projects in Chad.
- Guide partner implementation against execution of FLA’s, operational plans and other C&V related procedural guidelines.
APPLY ALSO: Child Protection Associate at UNHCR
The requirements for Cash & Voucher Program Associate are :
- Have a degree in Economics, Management, Finance, Statistics or a alike field.
- Justify at least 2 years of relevant background in database management with previous experience in cash transfers.
- Basic understanding of food security and cash transfer concepts;
- A good spirit of analysis and synthesis;
- Capability to write clear and concise reports;
- Capability to extract, analyze, interpret, and transcribe data and solve problems encountered;
- Capability to work with minimal supervision;
- Capability to plan and organize work;
- Excellent knowledge (read, write, speak) of French;
- Understanding of English is an asset.