- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-21
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for Chief of Quality and Change Management Section are:
- Strategic direction of the QCM section
- Foster influential client partnerships and business relationships
- Advisory and Coordination role to the GSSC Director and Section Chiefs
- Donates with UNICEF GSSC efforts to reach a Global Business Services (GBS) maturity.
- GSSC internal and exernal transmission , branding and advocacy
- Quality guarantee and performance monitoring and reporting
- Client Engagement and Change Management
- UN reform activities include Common Back Office (CBO), Business Operations Strategy (BOS) and Mutual Recognition principle
- Planning and project administration
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement in all global service delivery
APPLY ALSO: Business Analyst at UNICEF Hungary
The requirements for Chief of Quality and Change Management Section are:
- An advanced university degree, in in business administration, economics, or another relevant field is required. A first university degree connected with additional relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- A minimum of ten years of appropriate experience, at the national and international levels, in business relations management, business process service delivery governance, or a directly related technical fields is required.
- Background in Change Management, including managing and driving complex organizational change initiatives with multiple stakeholders, divisions and offices is required.
- Proven background in leading and managing diverse teams, strong ability to nurture staff leading by example, approachability, teamwork, sociability and motivation is required.
- Prior background in service process design and evaluation, service level program design and management and continuous improvement is desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of ERP Systems (i.e. SAP) is desirable.
- Background working in United Nations, development sector or international organization context is desirable.
- Background in leading innovation and continuous improvement in a global shared service centre environment is an asset.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is regarded as an asset.