Brief Details About Civic Engagement Officer Job at UNV in Bangladesh:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-15
In order to support global peace and development, the United Nations sponsors the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program. The UNV program recruits and places volunteers in assignments throughout the United Nations system, including at UNICEF . UNV contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide . It mobilizes volunteers in 150 countries and opens volunteer opportunities . By serving in a UNV program, volunteers can support peace, development, and human rights in communities most in need. UNICEF works with volunteers primarily through the UNV program, and UN Volunteers not only support the delivery of UNICEF’s programs but also contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Apply also: National Program Officer Job at UNDP in Bangladesh
Duties and Responsibilities:
a) Research and Knowledge Management
• Assist in conducting secondary research on Youth Parliaments and Youth Councils across the world, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Support the development of a service offer by conducting stock-taking exercis-es to map best practices by development organizations and youth-led organiza-tions for engaging youth in political processes and institutions in the region.
• Contribute to knowledge management by preparing briefing notes, meeting documentation, talking points, proposals and presentations to help advance the initiative in Asia and the Pacific.
• Assist in documenting initiative information.
b) Network Management and Coordination
• Support in exploring opportunities for networking and collaboration with the youth organizations, CSOs, relevant government and development partners.
• Support in maintaining communication and coordination with internal and ex-ternal stakeholders.
c) Project Implementation
• Assist in implementing the activities in relation to project management
• Prepare Action Plans, session plan and concept note required for the imple-mentation of planned activities in pilot countries.
• Support in organizing events including learning sessions, group discussions, dialogues, and the Model Youth Parliament conference.
• Assist in monitoring the progress of the initiative
d) Communications and Report Development
• Support in developing and implementing communications strategy.
• Support in developing outreach content
• Assist in developing the project report, result oriented report
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
3 years of experience in related to youth engagement, democratic governance, project management and implementation.
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience of working with digital platforms, including engagement platforms, is an as-set.
• Experience of working with government and/or civil society groups is an asset.
• Experience of social mobilization is an asset.
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Bengali, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level:
Master degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Political Science, Anthropology, political science, international relations or other related fields.