- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Sacramento
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Translations and Languages
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
There are several duties for Client Advocate :
- Set case management and trauma-informed services to Afghan Survivor of Combat incorporating individualized service plans, care collaboration, and referrals to supportive services;
- Serve as a point person for staff and clients in navigating the social and community services for survivor of torture ;
- Supply clients in navigating moments of crisis, incorporating safety planning and collaboration with emergency services.
- Collaborate educational activities for the Survivor Services team incorporating, but not restricted to, cultural orientation, safety and crime prevention workshops, and community engagement events.
- Implement outreach activities to develop awareness of victims’ rights, resources, and the Survivor Services program within the greater Sacramento immigrant community.
- Set comprehensive language access to clients through bi-lingual and culturally congruent services.
- develop safe spaces for disclosure and conversations regarding trauma and experiences of victimization, including gender-based violence and women’s rights.
- Help in overall client wellness activities within the Sacramento office.
APPLY ALSO: https://unjobs.asia/jobs/ukraine-response-caseworker/\
The requirements for Client Advocate are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree on Social Work, or an equivalent major of study preferred; equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- 4+ years of professional experience providing services to survivors demanded. Case management or experience serving refugee populations preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; and Spoken Pashto; proficiency in additional language related to current refugee populations preferred.