- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: Mid level – NPSA-11, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Climate Change
- Closing Date: 2023-05-09
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
- Procedure and Advisory Services
- Strategic research and advisory services to improve the governance, performance and sustainability of the Environment Sector, while working closely with the Libyan relevant stakeholders.
- Funding and providing technical guidance to the Ministry of Environment (MoE) and in particular the Climate Change High Committee, which will assist UNDP and other UN agencies in prioritizing and tailoring programmatic interventions in support to the related national counterparts
- agenda Development
- Stakeholder mapping and sector appraisal to identify /validate priority areas of work for UNDP’s Environment and Climate Change sector strategy and programme for Libya
- Acquire UNDP project strategy and document for the Environment and Climate Change programme for Libya in consultation with UNDP and stakeholders
- Alliances and Resource Mobilization
- Help UNDP’s representation in various forums, workshops and conferences
- Set and support proper coordination with the Ministry of Environment (MoE). National Oil Corporation (NOC), Ministry of Local Governance (MoLG), National Desertification Committee, and other relevant partners.
APPLY ALSO: Support Services Officer UNOPS
- A minimum of Master’s degree in environmental science and management, climate science, geographic studies, international evolution or a related field;
- A first-level university degree in the above areas with 9 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the progressive university degree
- 7 years with Masters’s degree and 9 years with first degree of previous working experience in the Environment sector in Libya
- The demanded languages are Arabic and English