- Organization: UNIDO – United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Location: Islamabad | Karachi
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Closing Date: 2023-05-18
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that upgrade industrial improvement for poverty depletion , inclusive globalization and environmental maintainability . The mission of UNIDO, as defined in the Lima Declaration adopted at the fifteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference in 2013 as well as the Abu Dhabi Declaration adopted at the eighteenth session of UNIDO General Conference in 2019, is to upgrade and hasten inclusive and maintainable industrial improvement (ISID) in Member States. The relevance of ISID as an merged ways to all three pillars of maintainable improvement is recognized by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which will frame United Nations and country efforts towards Sustainable Development.
The duties for Cluster Development Expert at UNIDO are:
- Create annual and quarterly individual work plans in talk with the CDAs inducted for each of the target districts under the PAIDAR.
- Design/Consolidate annual and quarterly work plans from individual workplans developed for each of the CDAs in line with the PSC approved work plan of the programme.
- Introduce him/herself with UNIDO and PAIDAR procedures, ERP systems, and programme management software, as demanded.
- Directory CDAs on identification of potential clusters/cooperatives/businesses/investors in the target districts.
- Design criteria for selection of businesses/clusters/cooperatives.
- Create a calendar of progress review meetings in consultation with international experts engaged under the PAIDAR programme.
- Guide CDAs on preparation of reports and presentations for the progress review meetings
- Determine training and capacity building needs/opportunities for the local population on the subjects with high potential for job /self-employment, to be delivered in collaboration with local TVET institutions and other training service providers
- Direction and ensure full understanding of the CDAs on Grant scheme ad procedures, etc.
- Hold talk sessions with businesses/stakeholders along with the grant team on grant mechanism awareness and dissemination.
- Confront clusters/cooperatives and businesses to identify capacity building needs of the businesses.
- Agree capacity-building workshops/seminars for the business groups.
APPLY ALSO: Supply Chain Specialist at UNICEF
The requirements for Cluster Development Expert at UNIDO are:
- Advanced university degree in business administration, management, engineering, economics, or equal.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience is demanded.
- Background relevant to technical cooperation in developing countries is desirable.
- Background in evaluating the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries is desirable.
- Computer proficiency for the preparation of reports/presentations and for correspondence is demanded.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is demanded.