Brief Details About Cluster Development Expert Job in Pakistan:
- Organization: UNIDO – United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Location: Islamabad | Karachi
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Closing Date: 2023-05-18
- Requisition ID: 2158
- Grade: SB4 – Local Professional (Junior & Mid Level)
- Country: Pakistan
- Duty Station: Karachi
- Category: National Consultant
- Type of Job Posting: Internal/External
- Employment Type: Non-staff Regular
- Contract Duration: 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
- Application deadline: 18-May-2023
A specialized organization of the UN, the United Nations Industrial growth Organization (UNIDO) encourages and hastens sustainable industrial growth. It started out as a UN initiative in 1966 and transitioned into a specialized agency in 1985. In collaboration with UN-OHRLLS, UNIDO organizes biannual Ministerial Conferences of the LDCs to help nations in promoting and accelerating inclusive and sustainable industrial development. In order to decrease industrial greenhouse gas emissions and generate new employment, UNIDO also supports policies, technologies, and practices5. It encourages the transition of businesses from the unofficial to the official sector, with a focus on increasing the participation of women in entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Develop annual and quarterly individual work plans in consultation with the CDAs inducted for each of the target districts under the PAIDAR.
- Develop/Consolidate annual and quarterly work plans from individual workplans developed for each of the CDAs in line with the PSC approved work plan of the programme.
- Familiarize him/herself with UNIDO and PAIDAR procedures, ERP systems, and programme management software, as required.
Documentation of clusters and business ideas:
- Guide CDAs on identification of potential clusters/cooperatives/businesses/investors in the target districts.
- Develop criteria for selection of businesses/clusters/cooperatives.
- Guide CDAs on conducting basic analysis of the identified businesses/cooperatives and Clusters.
- Guide CDAs on the development of cluster/cooperatives/businesses/sectors profiles.
- Develop standardised formats for early business idea documentation.
- Build capacity of the CDAs on consultation process for business ideas generation and documentation (initial feasibility/concept note etc.).
- Guide CDAs on consolidation of information on business ideas generated and progressive entrepreneurs/ clusters/cooperatives/businesses/investors identified.
- Develop a roster of business ideas videos and translate it into standard business idea format.
- Incorporate all the business ideas and investors related information into the database management system of the PAIDAR programme.
Performance monitoring of the CDAs:
- Develop a calendar of progress review meetings in consultation with international experts engaged under the PAIDAR programme.
- Guide CDAs on preparation of reports and presentations for the progress review meetings
- Maintain a two-way communication from international experts to CDAs and vice versa
- Revise workplans of the CDAs based on outcomes of the progress review meetings.
Apply also: National Expert in Social Services and Infrastructure Job in Pakistan
Information assimilation regarding technical assistance:
- Identify training and capacity building needs/opportunities for the local population on the subjects with high potential for employment/self-employment, to be delivered in collaboration with local TVET institutions and other training service providers
- Identify areas of technical assistance needed for the selected businesses and ideas.
- Identify experts for the technical assistance needed and promote application to PAIDAR Roster.
- Draft ToRs for engagement of technical experts to address the technical assistance needed.
- Develop and monitor progress of the technical experts engaged under the programme.
Awareness raising on Grant schemes:
- Guide and ensure full understanding of the CDAs on Grant scheme ad procedures, etc.
- Hold consultation sessions with businesses/stakeholders along with the grant team on grant mechanism awareness and dissemination.
- Assist in preparing necessary documentation in consultation with CDAs related to grant application process.
Arrangement of sector/investment seminars/workshops:
- Engage clusters/cooperatives and businesses to identify capacity building needs of the businesses.
- Arrange capacity building workshops/seminars for the business groups.
- Guide technical experts and CDAs on the specific objectives of the training/investment workshops.
- Maintain evidence of the activities in the form of minutes/photographs/videos and interviews.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Education: Advanced university degree in business administration, management, engineering, economics, or equivalent.
Experience, technical and functional expertise
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience is required.
- Experience relevant to technical cooperation in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in evaluating the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries is desirable.
- Computer proficiency for the preparation of reports/presentations and for correspondence is required.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required.