- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Baku
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-05-27
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Communications Associate at UNDP Azerbaijan are:
- Keeps the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies.
- Requirement of information for elaboration of CO communications and outreach strategy based on corporate.
- strategic importance and the UNDP External Communications Action Plan.
- Development of transmission materials for advocacy and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing and media materials in coordination with the supervisor.
- Organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, seminars, interviews.
- Combine issue-based advocacy into the communications strategy around key priority areas in the country office.
- Assessment of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Organization and implementation of joint UN information campaigns.
- Practice of inputs for CCA, UNSCDF, corporate dashboards and CPD and other documents as needed.
- Guide in UNDP CO’s work through media outreach.
- Foster, advocate and raise awareness around UNDP activities, results, flagship initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles, such as roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, report launches, among others.
- Explore and use innovative and emerging communication tools and new media in support of the communications strategy.
- Proactively market UNDP’s program result in the media by regularly pitching UNDP success stories and placing UNDP experts for interviews and commentaries in print and TV/radio outlets.
- Train/draft a range of materials, including talking points for senior managers, press releases & advisories, news briefs, fact sheets for inclusion in media kits and further public outreach.
- Help UNDP senior management with public appearances, communications activities, and arranges and ensures wide media coverage for them.
- Form and constantly update strategies for increasing the profile of the CO in the regional Communications plans through audio-visual material to broadcast and social media.
- Ready written pieces that showcase development results achieved by UNDP.
- Provides the design and maintenance of the UNDP website, UNDP social media accounts, intranet, CO web-based knowledge management system.
- Service in the design and maintenance of the office websites based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the ICT staff.
- Practice /checking the content for the web sites and social media platforms to ensure consistency of the materials.
APPLY ALSO: Communications Associate at UNDP Azerbaijan
The requirements for Communications Associate at UNDP Azerbaijan are:
- Secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Sciences or other Social Sciences will be expected.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in public relations, transmissions or advocacy at the national or international level.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijanian is demanded.
- Background with digital and online communications, including content creation and management of social media, websites and online platform management.
- Background in formulating informative blogs, feature articles, impact/human interest stories and social media posts.
- Background in research, writing, design and production of communication assets, such press releases, reports and publications.
- Background in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and in handling of web-based administration system.