- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Junior level – Junior
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Ombudsman and Ethics
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
APPLY ALSO: Gender Programme Specialist – Niger
- Help in reviewing cases reported.
- Assist in drafting documents and interaction with respect to cases under investigation, incorporating investigation plans, witness statements and other documents.
- Help in conducting interviews with subjects, complainants, or witnesses.
- Help in recognizing, collating, and analyzing potential evidence.
- Assist in undertaking compliance reviews and preparing reports.
- Help in following up with relevant departments in ensuring timely response to compliance audit demands and recommendations.
- Help in checking mitigation measures to be implemented by the Country Program.
- Help in the implementation of prevention strategies to develop a culture of ethical and compliant behaviors across all field bases, offices and areas of operation.
- Help in improving a culture of reporting on ethics and compliance concerns and client responsiveness.
- Undertakes other relevant tasks as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Security Intern in Kenya Country
- Bachelor’s degree in a appropriate social science e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminology, sociology, finance or a comparable major.
- Welfare and/or experience in achieving research and investigations,
- Proven capability to explore data to convey critical information.
- Strong planning, administrative and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information accurately, clearly, and swiftly;
- Outstanding transmission skills, verbally and in writing, in English and Kiswahili a plus.
- Outstanding analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Ability to reply to altering preferences.
- Capability to work alone on own ambition.