- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Conflict prevention
- Peace and Development
- Closing Date: 2023-05-25
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding Officer are :
- Simplify day-to-day implementation of programme/project activities.
- Help the timely delivery of the programme workplans.
- Support the growth of timely reporting, including internal and donor reports.
- Support organizational requirements for the timely delivery of project activities, including procurement, travel and finance arrangements.
- Arrange and attend project-related meetings and missions.
- Correspond with administrative and project staff for project activities.
- Contribute to the growth of procurement plans and follows up on the status of procurements to implement project activities.
- Simplifying coordination among the Ministry, NPUC and DPUC members, TAs and community members toward the operationalization of MPUC and DPUCs.
- Back the collection of conflict data and analysis.
- Develop and deliver high-quality public info to highlight UNDP’s work in peacebuilding and conflict prevention in cooperation with UNDP comms team.
- Any other related tasks as may be demanded or assigned by the supervisor.
APPLY ALSO: District Health Emergency Coordinator
The requirements for Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding Officer are :
- 3 years of background in development, governance and/or conflict prevention and peacebuilding or other relevant programmes at the national and/or international level Hands-on knowledge and experience in conflict precluding and peacebuilding in Malawi is an asset.
- Outstanding oral and written skills;
- outstanding drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal in Public Policy, Political Sciences, Conflict Prevention or related areas
- English understanding Level: Working knowledge, Required.
- Chichewa understanding Level: Mother tongue, Required.