- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Grant writing
- Closing Date: 2023-05-28
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
- Driving the coordination between national representatives, country offices and partners for communication planning and performance for multi-country partnerships.
- Developing transmission packages e.g. press releases, social media assets, key messages, Q&A documents, speaking points etc. for multi-country partnerships, in close collaboration with communication focal points from appropriate national committees, regional and country offices.
- Arranging and facilitating communication workshops/meetings for stakeholders in order to develop partnership transmission frameworks and plans.
- Executing reputational risks relating to partnerships through communication strategies.
- Leading the implementation of agreed communication plans and activities across countries, ensuring global, regional, and national office-level alignment between UNICEF and partners.
- Partaking in meetings to facilitate general alignment across workstreams and offices at the global, regional, and nationwide levels.
- Conducting other connected tasks which may be assigned by the team.
APPLY ALSO: FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER in GENEVA
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree of higher) in Marketing, Communications, Business, Social Sciences, Arts, or related fields. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher), in combination with qualifying appropriate background of 2 years, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum of five years of progressive background in the following fields: Communications, Public Relations, Account/Client Management, Sales, Marketing, Fundraising, or Advertising is demanded.
- Including at least two years of background at the international level is desirable. Previous regional or country office background is an asset.
- Strong project administration experience working across cross-functional environments is desired.
- Robust experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders, across cross-cultural markets is an benefit.
- Fluency in English is demanded. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is regarded as an asset.