- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2023-05-28
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Consultant at WHO Jordan are :
- Check the assigned health outcomes/chapters of the old strategy and plan the update process of the V&A assessment and early warning system for each health outcome.
- Prepare a draft detailed plan of action to update the assigned health outcomes/chapters including the V&A Review and early warning system. This includes the timeline and activities, project team members, objective of the process, and needed cooperation and approvals.
- V&A review and early warning system for the first group of health outcomes.
- Prepare the draft report on V&A review and Early warning system for each health outcome.
- V&A assessment report and donate to HNAP updating process for the assigned health outcomes.
- Prepare a consolidated and extensive final V&A assessment and early warning system report on the assigned health result including comments on the HNAP and project suggestions of each outcome.
APPLY ALSO: Project Coordinator at UNOPS Jordan
The requirements for Consultant at WHO Jordan are :
- University degree in Environmental health studies or climate change
- Master’s degree in environmental health studies, or equal
- 2 years of appropriate background working in environmental health studies, climate change and health.
- Background conducting vulnerability and adaptation assessments, preferably climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation assessments
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Outstanding presentation and interaction skills.
- Outstanding leadership and coordination skills
- Outstanding fluent in English and Arabic (Read-Write-Speak);