- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Consultant at WHO Jordan are :
- Helping the finalization of the assessment plan for of climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation review in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and UAE
- Develop a full plan with exact timelines for the assessment including the project team and stakeholders, objectives of the review including a list of the climate change health risks to be assessed
- Performing the Assessment for of climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation assessment in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and UAE
- Design a report on the vulnerability and capacity assessment.
- Supply detailed report on future risks and adaptation review.
- Synthesizing and completing the assessment for of climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation assessment in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and UAE
- Design final report, including executive summary and key messages on the results of climate change and health vulnerability and adaptation assessment with at least two iterations and feedback from the assessment core technical team.
- Strategic guides for developing the national health adaptation plan in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman and UAE.
APPLY ALSO: Operations Associate at UNDP Jordan
The requirements for Consultant at WHO Jordan are :
- university degree in Environmental health studies or climate change
- Master’s degree in environmental health studies, or comparable
- 5 to 10 years of appropriate experience working in environmental health studies, climate change and health or relevant field.
- International background is mandatory for international consultants.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and transmission skills.
- Outstanding leadership and coordination skills
- Fundamental fluent in English (Read-Write-Speak);
- Support to have working knowledge of Arabic