- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Apia
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Communication and Public Information
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for the Convention on the Rights of the Child Report Consultancy are :
This consultancy demands reliable time to support the Ministry for Women, Community and Social Development (MWCSD) through its Social Development Division supported by UNICEF Pacific.
Please refer to the TOR for further info on the deliverables and timelines.
APPLY ALSO: Assistant Resident Representative Programme
The requirements for Convention on the Rights of the Child Report Consultancy are :
- Master’s degree in law, development studies, human rights, international affairs or other relevant social science field with minimum 5 years work background in the development field. Previous work experience with children and youth is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s qualification with minimum 7 years relevant work experience in development will also be regarded.
- Previous background supporting CRC reporting is any Pacific country. Prior experience relating to the development of state party report is an advantage.
- Facilitation skills and background working with government/development partners. Work experience in Samoa and/or with other Pacific government(s) is an advantage.
- Substantive background in drafting strategic documents. Work experience in Samoa or with any Pacific government is an advantage.
- Useful interpersonal skills to interact with multiple stakeholders.