- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-26
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Coordination and Partnerships Officer at UNV are:
- Aid the UN Women team in liaising and coordinating with key stakeholders (including UN Agencies, development partners, and civil society) on the roll-out and performance of the NAP WPS.
- Contribute to the planning and organizing of stakeholder discussions, conferences, advocacy/outreach and other industries at the national and local level on the NAP WPS.
- Support in recognizing capacity-building needs of government and non-government stakeholders on gender mainstreaming, gender-responsive governance, and advancing the WPS Agenda.
- Help in organizing capacity development/training initiatives in the abovementioned areas.
- Contribute to briefing materials, presentations, advocacy products, planning and other documents for interior and exterior audiences.
- Help the UN Women team in disseminating and sharing resources, good practices and lessons learnt among key stakeholders, including creating a repository of GEWE/WPS material. Strategic partnerships and resource mobilization:
- Help the UN Women team in the growth and strengthening of partnerships with UN agencies, government institutions, civil society, development partners, and other stakeholders on advancing GEWE in Sri Lanka;
- Partake and provide support in managing activities and other promotional events to engage the abovementioned stakeholders to expand interest and commitment to GEWE through UN Women programmes and joint UN system programmes;
- Contribute to the preparation of background documents and research to forge and implement strategic partnerships to increase outreach on UN Women’s work in country;
- Aid in resource mobilization efforts to further UN Women’s engagement on the WPS Agenda and GEWE in Sri Lanka.
- Contribute to reinforcing partnership with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in liaising with the Gender Advisor at JICA Sri Lanka;
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor. Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Reinforce their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and taking an active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
APPLY ALSO:Project Associate at UNDP Sri-Lanka
The requirements for Coordination and Partnerships Officer at UNV are:
- 3 years of background in Demonstrated interest and/or background in gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE);
- Prior experience in coordination, partnerships, and communication/advocacy.
- Prior experience in the development sector with various stakeholders is an asset;
- Prior background as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender/women’s studies, development studies, international relations, human rights, law, public policy, management, public relations/communications, or any other related field in social sciences.
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required.