- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Political Affairs
- Democratic Governance
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-16
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Data collection at UNV Pakistan are :
The main purpose of this assignment is to contribute to data and case studies research for the 2024 United Nations E-Government Survey by performing online assessment of national-level and/or city-level public sector portals and associated official websites in a precise number of United Nations Member States to be assigned. Successful nominees will each be assigned between 2 to 4 countries and/or cities for review, according to his/her language skills. Timeline and tasks:
- Between 28 June -28 July 2023 – training and pilot assessment (approx. 2 days total)
- Between 28 July–30 September 2023 – on-line data gathering and assessment (approx. 3 days per country assigned) Support to Online Volunteers: Coordination, monitoring and task-related advisory and administrative support. We determinate the volunteers’ contribution to the publication.
APPLY ALSO: Security Associate KP at UNWOMEN
The requirements for Data collection at UNV Pakistan are :
- Nominees must be fluent in English and Urdu. Research capabilities, analytical skills and IT skills are required. Understanding of public policy, public administration and e-government is alluring.
- *Please note that we cannot accept nominees who are currently Government employees or civil servants, or those working for government-affiliated agencies connected to e-government services.
- English understanding Level: Working knowledge, Desirable.
- Urdu understanding Level: Working knowledge, Desirable.