Data Engineering Director – Remote
If you think you have a technical mind, then come and invent the future on Instagram. software development is vital to turbocharging Instagram’s scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come — products that will change how the world engages with computing.
We are looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to support building out a great platform for the future of computing. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting-edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis.
Data Engineering Director – Remote Responsibilities
- Proactively drive the vision for data foundation and analytics to accelerate the building and improvement of cross-platform components across Instagram.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- For more information about the roles and responsibilities of the Data Engineering Director – Remote, visit the official website here
- 12+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 20+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages.
- Development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience in one or more of the following – data telemetry, data-driven performance and reliability improvement across platforms and/or products, the data foundation for computer vision or advance machine learning problems, data/analytics for voice assistant.
- Experience with automating data auditing through comprehensive lineage tools.
- Experience with large volume data sets, Hive/Presto, and data visualization tools.