- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Palestine
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Gender-based violence
- Drugs, Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism and Human Trafficking
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Developing Referral Pathway Procedures are :
- Develop a work plan with a timeframe and method, and share with UN Women and the MoWA for discussion and approval.
- Meet with UN Women and the targeted organizations to agree on the assignment’s objectives and the methods that will be used.
Growth of referral pathway methods:
- To perform a desk review of existing relevant documents, such as the crisis plans that were developed for the five institutions, including the MoSD, the PP, the PCP, the HJC and the SJD; the National referral System, the referral practices of VAW cases during COVID- 19 pandemic which were adopted by the Council of Ministers in 2021, the EVAW national strategy for the years 2022- 2029, and others. The desk review should include connections to backgrounds, practices and recommendations of other countries at the regional and international levels.
- To meet with UN Women, MoWA, and relevant partners to collect data and get a background about the current conventions in handling VAW cases, and the lessons learned from the pandemic’s experience.
- To hold individual and group meetings with relevant service providers, including representatives from the field, to examine current practices and discuss proposed pathway in the management and referral of VAW cases during emergencies.
- To simplify collective workshops with representatives of relevant institutions to discuss referral procedures, opportunities, challenges.
- To draft referral pathway methods, and referral mechanisms between service providers for cases of women victims and survivors of brutality during emergencies, including defining roles and responsibilities of each service provider to enhance coordinated response.
- To simplify consultation and validation sessions with national partners to build consensus among stakeholders and validate the product.
- Based on inputs and feedback provided by individual partner institutions and UN Women, to amend and submit the final version of the referral pathway procedures.
- To submit a last narrative information that includes a description of the assignment’s methodology, main findings, observations, challenges and suggestions for future related programming. Minutes of meetings, sessions, and list of interviewees should be annexed.
APPLY ALSO: Logistics Technical Officer at NRC
The requirements for Developing Referral Pathway Procedures are :
- A Master’s degree in social science, gender, development, human rights, criminology, sociology or related field. PHD degree is an asset.
- At least 6 years of working background in the field of violence against women, protection, and gender justice.
- At least 3 prior assignments in developing policy papers, response plans, and\or procedures on combatting violence against women survivors of violence, including handling cases of women survivors of violence.
- At least 2 prior tasksrelated to developing policies and/or managing response to humanitarian crisis.
- Experience with the UN system or/and International Organizations is an advantage.
- Professional understanding of English and fluency in Arabic is regarded a great asset.