- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Remote | Amman
- Grade: Mid level – IPSA-10, International Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- International Relations
- Democratic Governance
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Digital Democracy Specialist at UNDP are :
- Oversee the design and growth of eMonitor+ tool to monitor and analyze political discourse on digital media globally with an emphasis on the Arab states region.
- Develop UNDP Electoral Support social media monitoring procedures and provide advice and help to UNDP country offices and other stakeholders on social media listening and fact-checking during elections.
- Develop data visualization products, including dashboards and infographics, using Power BI, Tableau or other tools for UNDP regional products on information integrity in elections.
- Simplify dialogues, events and training on promoting information integrity in elections in the areas of combating mis/disinformation, hate speech, and violence against women in politics, among others.
- Adjust global methodologies, tools, good practices and lessons learnt on information integrity in elections to the Arab states region.
- Contribute to UNDP data research, research, policy and implementation of activities around monitoring information landscapes in elections and integrated data analytics on conflict and post-conflict settings with an focus on the Arab states region.
- Set and sustain partnerships with CSOs, researchers, academics, tech firms, UN agencies, and INGOs globally and in the Arab states’ region.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant at WHO Jordan
The requirements for Digital Democracy Specialist at UNDP are :
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Media and Communication, or connected major.
- At least 5 years of background working for the United Nations/ international organizations or EMBs.
- Background in the field of digital media monitoring.
- Background and knowledge of political communication, methodologies of social media monitoring/listening and data analysis.
- Background and knowledge of online analytical tools and approaches, including but not limited to open-source APIs and CrowdTangle.
- Background in conflict and post-conflict settings.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.