Brief Details About Driver -English Speaker Job at BBC Media Action in Afghanistan:
- Job Location: Kabul
- Nationality: National
- Category: Support
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Salary: BBC Media Action Salary scale
- Vacancy Number: 0011/2023
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- City: Kabul
- Organization: BBC MEDIA ACTION
- Years of Experience: 5 years experience in Driving with INGOs
- Contract Duration: 31 Dec 2023
- Gender: Male
- Education: 12 class graduation
- Close date: 2023-05-18
About BBC Media Action:
The BBC’s worldwide development organization, BBC Media Action, utilizes media and communication to fight poverty, advance health, and help people realize their rights. It is a separate charity that is supported by donations from the public and outside funds. In more than 35 developing and transitional nations worldwide, BBC Media Action collaborates with the BBC World Service, local media, and development partners. The charity was established in 1999 as a result of earlier BBC programs. The organization changed its name to BBC Media Action in 2011. The organization’s projects and activities safeguard lives, safeguard livelihoods, dispel rumors, combat discrimination, and advance democracy.
Apply also: Assistant Operations Data Management Officer Job at UNHCR in Afghanistan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform transportation and driving duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Pick and drop staff members and visitors/ personnel at airport and well as drive inside the green zone.
- Conduct inspections of the vehicle to ensure the vehicle’s cleanliness, safety, and condition is up to mark and the vehicle is in road worthy condition.
- Ensure that all passengers follow vehicle policy and procedures.
- Maintain the vehicle logbook showing details of all trips taken.
- Ensure maintenance of safe fuel and oil levels
- Check the vehicle’s radiator water level if needed.
- Ensure that the vehicle always has a fully stocked tool kit onboard.
- Ensure that a spare tire, jack, tire change equipment and a fully stocked car maintenance kit are always in good condition and onboard the vehicle.
- Clean the vehicle inside and out while duty.
- Ensure all vehicle documents are up to date, report to line Manager for renewal deadlines in a timely manner and follow his instructions for immediate renewals.
- Driving on the weekends for the expat’s movement two days a week
- Any other tasks assigned by line Manager.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- English Speaking skill is required.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a driver with a safe driving record with a reputable international organization.
- Valid driving license
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto, and English.
- Knowledge of vehicle and driver safety.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Prompt to take initiative.
- Honest and conscientious
- Hostile environment or tactical driving certificates
How to Apply?
Interested qualified Afghan national candidates should submit a one-page cover letter statement describing why they are the right candidate together with their CV to: email@example.com