- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Guatemala City | Santa Elena
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: MAY 31, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Driver – UNHCR – Guatemala are:
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of official passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet authorized personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Conduct day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and assure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Assure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Assure that instructions and security direction provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Assures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Snr Executive Support Asst UNHCR
The requirements for Driver – UNHCR – Guatemala are:
- 2 years relevant background with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.