- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Aleppo
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: May 13, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transportation of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items. – Meet official personnel at terminals or other locations and reduce immigration and customs formalities as required.
– Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, moisture, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and held up to the established security standards.
– Perform minor repairs, arrange for additional repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
– Ensure that the steps requirement by controls and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an mishap.
– Log authorized trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil adaptations, greasing, etc.
– Additionally, Ensure that instructions and security recommendation provided by the manager and security focal point are strictly followed.
– Moreover, Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in the automobile.
– Complete other related duties.
APPLY ALSO: Assc HR Officer UNCHR career
- 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses
- In addition, *Driving Licences; (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Driving licence. Seductive Not specified.
- Moreover, Available Skills * DV-Driving Rules and Regulations DV – Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills;
- Furthermore, English understanding is desirable.