Brief details about Ethiopia UN jobs – Business Emergency Unit Manager:
UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Medical Practitioners
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-06-29
Information about the organization that has offered the Ethiopia UN jobs – Business Emergency Unit Manager job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of Ethiopia UN jobs – Business Emergency Unit Manager:
a) Project administration and managerial functions to coordinate the interventions under Supporting MSMEs Affected by Multiple crises in Ethiopia and promoting innovative startups towards restarting and recovery of the private sector project
- Supervise activities of BEU including budget management, monitoring and evaluation, and providing risk mitigation solutions.
- Help map and research the relevant information, knowledge, and background as part of BEU project, such as regulations, guidelines, standards, and manuals related to BEU and other related projects in Ethiopia.
- Coordinate with internal and external experts as well as appropriate stakeholders towards meeting the objective of the project
- Oversee technical and administrative work for specific initiatives and activities, and coordinate evaluation of results/outcomes
- Building strong relationships with external stakeholders: government organizations, service providers (including banks and MFIs) and growth partners
b) Service-delivery functions which incorporate processing businesses application and delivering services through different channels (government, financial institutions, or BDS providers). This includes maintaining a major national portal providing information on support available from the GoE, an application window for support, a central database for delivery management and a reporting and visualization tool on the use of funds.
c) Provide evidence-based policy and strategic support to MoLS in line with the CO’s MSME ecosystem growth initiative
- Comprehending the Ethiopian Crises on businesses (through conducting assessment and mapping) and development response and Recovery programs, mapping of the opportunities, challenges, and barriers for MSMEs recovery, revival and development under the BEU framework
- Act as a liaisons between MoLS and UNDP CO in providing strategic advisory support and technical expertise in effective implementation, and coordination of the BEU tasks
- Help the MOLS in assessing challenges in the implementation of response and recovery tasks under the BEU
- Help the government in obtaining integrative advice to combine best practices in MSMEs response and recovery practices
d) Back partnership building and resource mobilization, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Aid in the analysis of information on donors involved in Business emergency response and recovery.
- Recognize links between MOLS and UNDP crisis and recovery related projects and programmes
- Help in the preparation of GIZ grant report, tracking resources and fund balances
- Provide help in the preparation of communication products used for resource mobilization efforts.
- Mapping of actors and growth partners in Ethiopia working on recovery of businesses and facilitate to have platforms for stakeholders’ coordination and collaboration
e) Constitute to knowledge management on MSME ecosystem development initiatives
- Study social, economic, and environmental data and trends that impact MSMEs and advise the Government in developing capacities and establishing systems that ensure the continuing use and application of knwelsdge and data for evidence-based policy making.
- Partake in technical meetings; prepare and edit reports, manuals, guidelines, and other specialized publications in support of achieving these objectives.
- UN jobs in Ethiopia Monitoring Evaluation Senior Analyst
- UNDP jobs in Ethiopia Digital Entrepreneurship Analyst
Qualifications of Ethiopia UN jobs – Business Emergency Unit Manager:
- MBA, MSc, or MA in economics, economic policy analysis, Development economics, Project Management, development studies, business administration, public administration, international business, or connected fields
- Minimum of 2 years with MA and 4 years with BA of relevant work background in project/programme management and advisory services.
- Background in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Practical and working understanding of GoEs policies and strategies in general and the current effort on crises response and recovery endeavor on MSMEs
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopian private sector development ecosystem
Expected skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Illustrated experience in MSME ecosystem development, enterprise development policies and public sector capacity development related to the thematic sector
- Deep knowledge of the Ethiopian crisis context and effects on small businesses
- Direct working level experience with enterprises including managing enterprise vetting and conducting due diligence
- Strong background in Project Cycle Management and Results-Based Management tools
- Fluency in English and the regional language of the duty station
If you are looking for more Ethiopia UN jobs, please click here.