- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
The duties for Executive Assistant at UN-WOMEN Mozambique are :
1. Provide administrative help to the UN Women Country Representative
- Oversee the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Organize travel and hotel accommodations for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Reply and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Sustain roster of Country Office contacts.
2. Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Provide organizational support for meetings, events, and workshops;
- Arrange and attend meetings, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Gather briefing materials and prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions, and other key events.
3. Provide effective transmission and information administration support to the Country Representative’s Office
- Simplify flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Study , prioritize, and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative Office; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Reply to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Draft routine resemblance and interoffice circulars;
- Support and organize up to date files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
4. Provide backing to the Country Representative Office’s external relations activities
- Simplify the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal, and electronic transmission, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Fulfill and greet officials/visitors;
- Assure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
5. Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Provide organizational support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs.
- Build and share knowledge and background related to administrative and operations support.
APPLY ALSO: Programme Policy Officer at WFP
The requirements for Executive Assistant at UN-WOMEN Mozambique are :
- Fulfillment of secondary education is needed;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible background with administrative, secretarial, or program experience;
- Background in the use of computer applications, software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems; is an asset;
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is demanded;
- Understanding of the other UN official working language is an asset.