- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Field Security Assistant at WFP are :
- Study and analyse security threats and risks and produce comprehensive reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, to ensure information is accurately collated for senior staff review and supports reporting needs and decision-making.
- Research a variety of security related information (e.g., security incidents and events, security support to daily activities etc.) and use corporate or local management tools to produce a range of complex analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Near liaise with the Malawi UNDSS in Lilongwe, Blantyre and other locations to ensure effective coordination amongst WFP operations.
- Manage and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and ensure that security assessments are performed as per WFP standards to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Provide advice and specialized expertise on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance within United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Manage the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and develop measures to improve compliance for international and national staff.
- Manage the maintenance and management of security equipment and strengthen technology capacity in line with business needs.
- Design, plan and deliver security training to staff and meet training conditions in response to staff feedback and business needs
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
APPLY ALSO: Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding Officer
The requirements for Field Security Assistant at WFP are :
- Fulfillment of secondary school education with a post-secondary certificate/training in Military, Police or related law enforcement functional area.
- Fluency (level C) both in written and oral in the English language. Fluency a/o knowledge of local languages.
- At-least 5 years of work background in security related field
- Has used knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day-to-day work
- Has sustained security operations efforts as directed
- Has helped in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
- Has background in usage of computers and productivity software i.e., Microsoft Office Suite applications.