- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-18
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
• Code, record and harmonize accounting transactions;
• Review and charge as per delegation payments to vendors for goods and services including calculating, inputting and checking prices for correctness and communicating discrepancies to supervisors; verify accuracy of data;
• Strategy salaries, entitlements, claims, income taxes, etc., according to established guidelines and procedures;
• Brief and help newly arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance;
• Train detailed cost estimates and other data for use in budget analysis and proposals;
• Develop expenditure reports from computerized information system databases;
• Analysis /compile financial data; assist in the preparation/finalization of budget performance reports, carrying out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures;
• Study draft reports, verifying overall accuracy, consistency and uniformity in the presentation; cross-check consistency of figures; drafts/prepares routine correspondence;
• Nourish procedural advice to other finance support staff;
APPLY ALSO: National Consultant at UNHABITAT
- Secondary School Education.
- Four years of relevant background in finance and budget-related support work.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited understanding(intermediate – level B) of Arabic or French.
- Adequate knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.