- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-25
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the UN Environment Assembly, the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal.
Allocation Practice :
• Studies and analyses data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff conditions in accordance with UNEP’s mandates.
• Supplies support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Studies, analyses and provides input into finalization of programme budget.
• Nourishes substantive support to relevant bodies in their budget review; assists in securing approval of the budget.
• Problems allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
• Monitors funding implementation and determines/recommends reallocation of funds when necessary.
• Observes expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
• Revisits all requisitions for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged, ensuring availability of funds.
• Administers and observes corporate extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, assuring compliance with regulations and rules, donor stipulations and established policies and procedures.
• Drafts relevant documentation with respect to budget performance submissions.
• Thoughts and makes appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
APPLY ALSO: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at UNEP
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is demanded.A first-level university degree in variety with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Finance or accounting qualification, such as Certification in Public Accounting (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work background in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is needed.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required.
- working vocabularies of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post announced, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.