- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Aden
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-02
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The duties for Finance Assistant at WHO Ethiopia are:
- Partake in administering the E-Imprest system. Ensure compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules. Choose and enter data from a variety of documents, provide precision in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.
- Record all expenditures and receipts in the e-imprest and reflect it in the GSM in a timely manner.
- Process financial dealings and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC. Process e-Imprest transactions including processing purchase orders for services – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the purpose to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of appropriate accounting records.
- Partake in the reconciliation of country office cash books and justification for any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and reconciling with the cashbooks on a monthly basis5. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute profit and loss in exchange rate on a monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates. Participate in the preparation of financial tables, particular reports and other ad-hoc reports. Assist in initiating equality and answering queries related to area of work.6. Update and maintain financial records and observing systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day dealings.
APPLY ALSO: WASH Cluster Coordinator at UNICEF
The requirements for Finance Assistant at WHO Ethiopia are:
- Fulfillment of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field connected to the work performed.
Alluring: Bachelor degree in business administration, commerce, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
- Important: At least three years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Alluring: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws. Adequate analytical and effective communication skills.
- Sound understanding of the community policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial policies is an asset.