- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: MAY 25 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Finance Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- Sustain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enter data from a wide mixture of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Organize recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Advise and aid staff members, experts and advisors on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
- Sustain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Organize detailed cost estimates and partake in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Initiate correspondence to confirm data, answer queries and receive additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Confirm that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
APPLY ALSO: Voucher Program Associate
The requirements for Finance Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- 3 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or comparable or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.