- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-11
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
1-Provide procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules, and regulations.
2-Support the development and performance of financial policies and procedures and assist in setup and implementation of proper analysis procedures, systems, and internal controls.
3-Monitor monthly expenditure projections and supply expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
4-Monitor the sub-imprest bank and little cash reports regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
5-Monitor the centralized registry system to process all charges to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
6-Contribute to the practice , implementation, and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future budget requirements are met.
7-Co-ordinate with other groups to assure that all economic and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the demands of the wider team.
APPLY ALSO: Head of Field Office UNHCR
- Sensual, Bachelor’s degree in the field of Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Business Management and connected fields.
- Minimum, the realization of secondary school education with specialised training or relevant post-secondary diploma in the related functional area.
- Mastership in English and Kurdish, proficiency in Arabic is an benefit.
- Six or more years of progressively reliable work experience particularly in Financial Management, accounts Payables, Treasury, and related business processes, such as invoices, payments, and cash administration.