Brief Details About Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Officer – ILO – Bangladesh:
- Description of assignment title: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Officer
- Assignment country: Bangladesh
- Expected start date: 15/09/2023
- Sustainable Development Goal: 5. Gender equality
- Volunteer category: International UN Volunteer Specialist
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Host entity: ILO
- Type: Onsite
- Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Number of assignments: 1
- Duty stations: Dhaka
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice by setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is one of the first and oldest specialized agencies of the UN.
Apply also: Programme Analyst UNW Bangladesh
About (UNV) United Nations Volunteers:
The United Nations Volunteers programme is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide inputs on the issues relating to the employment and labour market participation of young women, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities for the implementation of the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP), ensuring alignment with the UN programming framework and government policies and priorities.
- Provide substantive inputs for developing social inclusion framework for young women, persons with disabilities and ethnic minority communities promoting their rights to employment and rights at work in line with ILO’s relevant conventions and recommendations.
- Seek opportunities to build and enhance partnerships with a range of stakeholders, mainly the thinktanks, International/national alliances for women in employment and entrepreneurship, development partners and so on in the issues of gender equality, disability inclusion and inclusion of left behind groups in the works of work.
- Assist the office in analysing female labour market participation trends, undertake and suggest relevant research and policy work, youth employment, sustainable entrepreneurship, and a green transition, and build capacities of the organizations working on the issues of inclusion in the world of work.
- Design avenues for ILO’s engagement in promoting employment opportunities for young women and persons with disabilities in non-traditional sectors and occupations including through employment support services and career counselling, Women entrepreneurship development, and skilling initiatives.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- 3 Years of experience in Research and analytical skills
- Coordination and people management skills
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level:
Master degree or equivalent in Social policies, Gender studies, Development studies, and other relevant field.
Competencies and values:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Building Trust
- Client Orientation
- Commitment and Motivation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Empowering Others
- Ethics and Values
- Judgement and Decision-making
- Knowledge Sharing
- Managing Performance
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
- Working in Teams