- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Yangon | Loikaw
- Grade: Junior level – Junior
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date: 2023-05-08
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, feeding emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people moved to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local knowledge to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people expelled within their own country.
- Help Area Manager and Safety & Security Manager to generate and implement the NRC Security Management System at area level
- Revisit and update NRC security administration tools and assessments
- Create , review, implement and monitor a health & safety risk reduction and mitigation plan
- Produce and fund the implementation of a capacity building plan.
- Work closely and back Area Manager and Safety and Security Manager on development of local SOPs, SRA, contingency plans, medical evacuation plans and Hibernation Evacuation and Relocation plan (HERP).
- Use secondary data to produce analyses on context developments and trends.
- Simplify daily/weekly/ Monthly reports and all staff briefings.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
APPL ALSO: INGO Forum Programme Manager
- Experience from working as a relevant security position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts/South East is an advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Sufficient English proficiency both written and verbal
- Received have Health, Safety and Security related training completion certificate
- Graduate with relevant degree (or) equivalent 2 years of working experience as similar positions at other organizations.