- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Bamako
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- HIV and AIDS
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
• Assists in the coordination of programme/project planning and practice work for, generally, a medium-size and complex element of the departmental programme/project initiatives; monitors status of programme/project proposals and receipt of appropriate documentation for review and approval;
• Compiles, outlines , and gives basic information/data on HIV/AIDS programmes/project and related topics or problems;
• Studies project documents, especially cost plans/budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to request for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon acceptance;
• Designs budget revisions; verifies availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in computerized allocation system;
• Acts as focal point for organizational coordination of HIV/AIDS programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtains necessary clearances, procedures and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
• Compiles, translates and enters data on project delivery; drafts related status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, funding overruns, etc., and brings to the attention of administration ;
• Drafts correspondence on budget-related issues and formulates and updates periodic reports, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc.
• Provides general office assistance; responds to complicated information requests and inquiries; reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence; sets up and sustains files/records; organizes meetings, workshops; handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, etc.
• Assists with arranging and delivering orientation training for mission personnel and national uniformed personnel on HIV-related guidelines , protocols and procedures of the UN and peacekeeping missions, and undertakes on-the-job internship activities, both internally and externally;
APPLY ALSO: Program Assistant at UNDP Mali
- A minimum of five (05) years of progressively responsible experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation or related area is demanded.
- Outstanding capacity to transfer knowledge and skills to a wide range of different target groups including members of the Uniformed Services and or Armed groups;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HIV/AIDS programming, Administration, Public Health and Clinical Science, Sociology, Education or its equal ; possession of a certificate/diploma in teaching/training; and/or qualification as an HIV&AIDS trainer/counselor will be an aid.
- French understanding Level: Fluent, Required.
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required.