- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Elizabeth
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
- Help housing coordinator to identify and secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program needs.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to current and potential landlords and property managers, building strong working relationships with the goal of increasing access to housing for refugee families and to collaborate client home repair asks as required. Coordinate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to set a positive resettlement experience.
- set logistics of housing set-ups including ordering furniture and supplies and arranging delivery, arranging utility hook-ups, facilitating lease signings and renewals, arranging payments, and conducting home safety inspections.
- High school diploma strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience required.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
- High level of understanding in English, both spoken and written is required.