- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena | Abéché
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: MAY 25 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for HR Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- Enforce HR operational activities to assure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks. This may include.
- Management of recruitment, assignment and separation of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Update of personnel records in the Office, including MSRP entries into HR module where needed.
- Helping with recruitment and other procedures related to affiliate workforce, including MSRP entries into MSRP where required
- Contribution to workforce planning movements.
- Provision of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, and high implementation.
- Implement compliance with UNHCR¿s Human Resources policies and procedures and the UN staff rules, regulations and UNHCR administrative instructions.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- Partake in the recruitment of local staff including the issuance of vacancy notices and arranging for required tests and interviews, and preparation of submissions for the review by the Assignments Committee (AC). – Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants. – Advice to staff and contribution to an inclusive work environment.
- Build dialog and outreach with the workforce; answer questions, and supply information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
- Track and report on recruitment and task activities. Advise staff members and affiliate workforce on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements.
- Be proactive in recognizing issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- Help in the provision of onboarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding to colleagues.
- Service in the performance of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
Duty of Care:
- Aid in the security and medical evacuations of UNHCR personnel. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
APPLY ALSO: Finance Associate at UNHCR Chad
The requirements for HR Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- 3 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work background with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Background working in Human Resources. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional positions: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.