- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 16 MAY 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN body tasked with providing assistance and protection to refugees, members of forcibly displaced groups, and stateless individuals as well as helping them return home voluntarily, integrate locally, or be resettled in another nation. It was founded on December 14, 1950, to replace the older United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration, and has its main office in Geneva, Switzerland. UNHCR is charged with directing and coordinating global efforts to safeguard refugees and address their issues. It belongs to the United Nations Development Group, a group of businesses committed to sustainable growth. Two Nobel Peace Prizes—in 1954 and 1981—as well as the 1991 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation have been given to UNHCR.
The duties for HR Associate at UNHCR Hungary are :
Human Resources Operational Support:
- Enforce HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks. This may include.
- Management of recruitment, assignment and separation of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and processes .
- Update of personnel records in the Office, including MSRP entries into HR module where required.
- Helping with recruitment and other procedures related to affiliate workforce, including MSRP entriesinto MSRP where required
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- Partake in the recruitment of local staff including the distribution of vacancy notices and arranging for required tests and interviews, and preparation of subordination for the review by the Assignments Committee (AC).
- Help in organizing outreach campaigns to entice diverse applicants.
- Guidance to staff and contribution to inclusive work surroundings.
- Build dialog and outreach with the workforce; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask queries.
APPLY ALSO: Associate Info Management Officer
The requirements for HR Associate at UNHCR Hungary are :
- 3 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or comparable or higher
- Background working in Human Resources. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions : Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.