- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Sabha
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Resources
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, feeding emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people moved to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local knowledge to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people expelled within their own country.
- Proactively deliver informed and confidential advice for any staff on the IRC HR policies, conditions of work, staff handbook, performance management, learning, and development, and ensure proper application, knowing when to escalate to the HR Manager.
- Train national staff agreements and renewals; promote staff adherence to HR policies and ensure compliance with all labor laws.
- Where demanded, give workshops on HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare employees’ work certifications upon request.
- Assure compliance with IRC’s time and effort reporting requirements.
- Design payment appeals for service providers working with the HR department.
- Mount in the recruitment process as required.
APPLY ALSO: Employment Officer UNDP
- 2 – 3 years of background in human resources.
- Professional background with INGOs/NGOs and/or international experience is a plus.
- Background in managing Human Resource Information systems for large numbers of staff.
- written, presentation, and verbal transmission skills; ability to convey information effectively and solid background providing training and staff development in English and Arabic.
- Proven sense of professional prudence, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Outstanding team member with experience working in diverse work groups.
- English and Arabic fluency is a requirement.