- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Suva
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Disability Rights
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Individual National Consultant at UN-WOMEN are:
- Consult with Pacific Disability Forum (PDF) to impove a workplan for the assignment deliverables.
- Consult with PDF’s local and international stakeholders to inform the Strategy ensuring that the key thematic areas are disability inclusion and gender responsiveness.
- Convene a regional consultation with all OPDs and appropariate stakeholders on PDF’s humanitarian and resilient development objectives and colle ctinformation and data on gender and inclusion to enhance the Strategy. This talk will include a capacity building component and discussion on resource mobilization for implementation of the Strategy.
- Revitalise the draft Strategy based on info gathered and submit first updated draft to PDF for review.
- Submit second draft to PDF and UNW for more review.
- Preform follow-up consultations with Fiji, Kiribati, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu on the draft Strategy.
- Submit last draft Strategy and report for approval.
APPLY ALSO: Individual National Consultant at UNDP
The requirements for Individual National Consultant at UN-WOMEN are:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, disaster risk reduction or climate change with specific academic or professional background in working with persons with disabilities, social minorities or underrepresented populations or a related field is demanded
- A first-level University Degree in mixture with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years (with Masters’ degree) or 7 years (with first-level university degree) of background related to disability work, advocacy and capacity building, disability inclusion in disaster risk reduction, climate resilience or other closely connected fields.
- Proven knowledge and backfround in the growth capacity assessment tools or capacity building frameworks.
- Strong writing and communication skills, and a demonstrated track record of working in climate change and disaster risk reduction or disability inclusion.
- Have backgrpound working with UN Women or other UN agencies.
- Strong networks with CSOs, OPDs and regional organizations in the Pacific
- previous background conducting workshops and trainings with OPDs.
- Fluency in command of written and spoken English is required.
- Computer literacy and capability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to utilize internet and email.