- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Suva
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Disability Rights
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for Individual National Consultant at UNDP are:
- Consult with Pacific Disability Forum (PDF) to impove a workplan for the assignment deliverables.
- Consult with PDF’s local and international stakeholders to inform the Strategy ensuring that the key thematic areas are disability inclusion and gender responsiveness.
- Convene a regional consultation with all OPDs and appropariate stakeholders on PDF’s humanitarian and resilient development objectives and colle ctinformation and data on gender and inclusion to enhance the Strategy. This talk will include a capacity building component and discussion on resource mobilization for implementation of the Strategy.
- Revitalise the draft Strategy based on info gathered and submit first updated draft to PDF for review.
- Submit second draft to PDF and UNW for more review.
- Preform follow-up consultations with Fiji, Kiribati, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu on the draft Strategy.
- Submit last draft Strategy and report for approval.
APPL ALSO: Technology for Development Associate at UNV
The requirements for Individual National Consultant at UNDP are:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, disaster risk reduction or climate change with specific academic or professional background in working with persons with disabilities, social minorities or underrepresented populations or a related field is demanded
- A first-level University Degree in mixture with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years (with Masters’ degree) or 7 years (with first-level university degree) of background related to disability work, advocacy and capacity building, disability inclusion in disaster risk reduction, climate resilience or other closely connected fields.
- Proven knowledge and backfround in the growth capacity assessment tools or capacity building frameworks.
- Strong writing and communication skills, and a demonstrated track record of working in climate change and disaster risk reduction or disability inclusion.
- Have backgrpound working with UN Women or other UN agencies.
- Strong networks with CSOs, OPDs and regional organizations in the Pacific
- previous background conducting workshops and trainings with OPDs.
- Fluency in command of written and spoken English is required.
- Computer literacy and capability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to utilize internet and email.