- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
- Coordinating CIMS/CIRT development and maintenance
- Support the Head of Risk Management Unit, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia, RMU, UNCT Somalia, as well as partners and donors through the development and maintenance of the Contractor Information Management System (CIMS) and Capacity Injection Reporting Tool (CIRT).
- In-depth evaluation, identification and subsequent implementation of technical solutions to enhance the CIMS/CIRT to ensure it meets the evolving needs of its users, as well as identification and recommendation of areas where improvements can be made to effectively support the Risk Management Unit in achieving its goals and priorities.
- Ongoing proactive evaluation of system performance, identifying areas of inefficiencies and potential problems. This includes collaboration with Management, and ICTS for corrective actions to achieve improved and uninterrupted services as well as ensuring security of the CIMS/CIRT operation always.
- Provision of cost implications and benefits of recommendations for budget considerations.
- Quality Relationship Management
- Quality Relationship Management with key internal and external stakeholders. This includes working and building the capacity of Risk Focal Points, UNCT Somalia, partners and donors to increase data sharing and boost confidence in data systems.
- Participate and engage in existing cross agency forums ( e.g.Procurement working groups) and other established RMU Working Groups to promote awareness of the systems and catch emerging issues that enable data systems to evolve.
- Coordination of development of Innovative Digital Products
- Identification of new areas where digitization is advantageous and applicable to the operations of the RMU, Integrated Office and its clients. Recommendation of applicable solutions/tools to use, understanding user/clients’ specification, needs and requirements to achieve client satisfaction.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of new technology projects including the maintenance of such application systems.
- Coordinate and implement mutually agreed changes/modifications from clients/users on already existing solutions to ensure continued system effectiveness and relevance.
- Coordinate and enhance stability, security and integrity of all systems
- Data Analysis, Reporting and Knowledge management
- Generate regular custom-tailored reports and ad-hoc reports from data systems that influence data-evidenced general and risk related decisions for internal and external stake holders.
- Monitor and evaluate existing knowledge systems to help improve processes and desired outcomes, as well as review and recommend new ‘best practice’ technologies that enhance the work of the RMU. This includes interaction with relevant staff in other UN agencies in the area and participation in information exchange meetings for systems co-ordination, consistency in direction, policy and standards; also, for knowledge sharing on software expertise.
- Enhancing internal communication by maintaining the RMU intranet portal and encouraging efficient information sharing.
- Be a Champion for knowledge management in the larger Integrated Office and support existing enabling infrastructure.
- Coordination of replication to other countries
- Coordinates the replication of CIMS to other countries and undertakes to ensure the training of their focal points and subsequent technical support.
- Maintain a cost recovery matrix and send invoices for recovery to replicated countries.
- Supervisory responsibilities.
- Establish work plans, standards for performance evaluation, indicators for work progress and achievements, together with supervisee(s).
- Timely corrective actions to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Technical guidance and on-the-job training to ensure work standards are achieved in line with work objectives.
- Business Management – Communication:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Business Direction & Strategy – System Thinking:
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
- Business Development – Knowledge Facilitation:
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally.
- Business Development – Collective Intelligence Design:
- Ability to bringing together diverse groups of people, data, information or ideas, and technology to design services or solutions
- Audit & Investigation (Audit) – Information technology and information security risks concepts, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to understand key application and system software, IT infrastructure and IT control frameworks. In the case of Investigators, this extend to using Investigative software
- Digital & Innovation – Data governance:
- Knowledge of data science, skills to develop data management tools, organize and maintain databases and operate data visualization technologies
- Partnership management – Relationship management:
- Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding
- Advanced University degree preferably in Information Sciences, computer sciences or engineering is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
Min. years of relevant work experience
Minimum 5 years (with Master degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor degree) of relevant experience in working in the field of information technology and/or database management, preferably in an international environment is required
- Demonstrated experience in Drupal 7 and above is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in web and database design/development using any of the following : PHP framework (e.g. lavarel) , relational databases( MySQL, Postgre, Oracle), Front end technologies (React /Angular) and related web programming is required.
- Knowledge of project management, waterfall methodology ( Prince 2, APM) etc) and agile project management (e.g Scrum, Kanban) is required.
- Experience of data analysis and visualisation using Power BI or Excel, tableu , etc. is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Risk Management – the ability to identify and manage risks at an operational level and identify and communicate in a timely manner, any risk management issues.
- Understands the principles of information security and management and acts with discretion at all times. (certification in CISA, etc.)
- Experience of the United Nations in Somalia, operations, and related programme challenges is a comparative advantage
Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya