- Organization: UNHABITAT – United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- International Relations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2023-05-17
UN-Habitat is the United Nations agency for human colonies and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1977 and is mandated by the UN General Assembly to encourage socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing sufficient shelter for all. UN-Habitat promotes transformative change in cities and human settlements through understanding, policy advice, technical assistance, and collaborative action. The organization’s mandate emanates from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996. UN-Habitat is a member of the United Nations Development Group and has a governance frame made up of three decision-making bodies: the UN-Habitat Assembly, an executive board, and a Committee of Permanent Representatives
– Help in drafting, tracking progress, and following up on correspondence with donors, ensuring timely and accurate transmission.
– Handle archives of donor correspondence, files, emails, and other communications in a structured manner.
– Assist in producing donor communication materials such as proposals, reports, and newsletters, ensuring high-quality content.
– Conduct analysis on potential donors and funding opportunities, including identifying new prospects and analyzing donor sensations and patterns.
– Help in event association, including logistical planning, coordination, and execution.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant â External Relations Officer
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in traditional software applications (Microsoft Office).
- No working background is demanded to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should help the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in written and oral English is demanded. Understanding of another official United Nations language is an advantage.