- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Tashkent | Bishkek
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Education, Learning and Training
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-28
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
The duties for International Facilitator/Connector at UN-WOMEN are :
- Work with the project team to finalize the summer school curriculum and make necessary adjustments based on the conditions and context of the women students.
- Explore the women students’ needs assessment survey results and conduct further thorough pre-evaluation to narrow the programme curriculum if required.
- Perform a thorough study of the target audience, their needs, level of knowledge, and expertise, and tailor the workshop content and methodology accordingly to ensure maximum engagement, participation, and effectiveness.
- To assess the relevance and appropriateness of the programme curriculum in meeting its objectives and suggest improvements if required.
- Organize a detailed summer school programme plan, including program overview, additional activities, and learning objectives and outcomes.
- Design an evaluation framework that calculates the effectiveness and impact of the summer school programme and collects feedback from the participants.
During the training
- Work closely with experts and trainers and simplify the five-day school training using innovative concepts and ideas.
- Based on the approved agenda develop and conduct engaging, interactive additional activities, icebreakers, energizers, relaxation activities in a dynamic manner, using a range of highly participatory techniques including presentations, group discussions, case studies, role plays, etc.
- Watch the summer school sessions and provide feedback on the quality of delivery and engagement of the participants.
Post training assignment
- Perform a post evaluation survey and follow-up interviews with the women students to gather their feedback on the summer school programme.
- Simplify internal debrief session, provide feedback and recommendations to UN Women team on ways forward to improve future planning processes.
- Organize a detailed report summarizing the key learnings, outcomes, and recommendations from the workshop.
APPLY ALSO: International Expert/Trainer at UN-WOMEN
The requirements or International Facilitator/Connector at UN-WOMEN are :
- Minimum university degree in Social Science or another appropriate major.
- Additional training/ certificate on facilitation skills and procedures is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of background in facilitating similar trainings/workshops.
- Thorough understanding of up-to-date interactive facilitation techniques, methods and tools and ability to apply in practice.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, experience working with diverse and multicultural groups.
- Understanding of the international peace and/or human rights sector will be an asset.
- Previous experience with UN agencies or other similar international organizations is desirable.
- Outstanding communication and written skills in English are mandatory.
- Understanding of Russian is an asset.