- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Mozambique
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Supply Chain
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-29
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Internship – Supply Chain-WFP are:
- General organizational and some specialized reporting and communications processes in support to the reporting content and the delivery of communications services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP Supply Chain visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
- Gather, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other communication material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Maintain abreast with the operational developments and assist in the preparation of briefing notes and reports.
- Aid in the consolidation of data and facilitate the preparation of periodic reports including Sitreps, Fact Sheets and other activity-specific reports.
- Organize and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide organizational assistance and support in routine services and activities within the unit.
- Liaise with internal and exterior stakeholders to gather all relevant information.
- Consolidate and provide supply chain inputs for donor reports.
- Help the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that data is current and readily available for staff.
- Launch standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
APPLY ALSO:Internship-Business Support Assistant -WFP
The requirements for Internship – Supply Chain-WFP are:
- Currently enlisted and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of graduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Information Management or Journalism, Statistics, Development/Humanitarian studies, Social Sciences,
or comparable areas of study.
- Mastership in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Understanding of MS Publisher or similar tools will be an advantage.
- Eloquent in Portuguese and English.