- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Of | Republic
- Grade: Junior level – NO-A, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-19
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
1. Help the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in agreement with WFP corporate standards.
2. Provide reinforcement to sustain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls evaluating both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum concessions from them.
3. Establish and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as demanded.
4. Supply data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and laws.
5. Collate data and donate to the practice of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
6. Develop technical skills and knowledge, and create awareness of industry developments.
7. Respond to queries from users, comprehending and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to support them.
8. Direct junior staff, acting as a point of referral and helping them with analysis and queries.
9. Support the capability construction of staff through the organization and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
APPLY ALSO: Technical Officer WHO RCCE
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in the English language. Moderate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in the English language and the duty station’s language, if various.