Brief details about Job United Nation – National Specialist & Coordinator:
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Job United Nation in Baghdad
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-04
Information about the organization that has offered the Job United Nation – National Specialist & Coordinator job:
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
Tasks of Job United Nation – National Specialist & Coordinator:
- Gather information for preparing the baseline and assessment report on monitoring SDGs under FAO custodianship.
- In close cooperation with PSC, the national specialist will provide technical and operational support to FAO Iraq and to the trainers to successfully conduct the capacity development trainings for the above indicators, including verifying the availability of the data required with the relevant Ministries and ensuring its availability in the appropriate format for the training workshops.
- Provide service to the PSC in preparation of the required monitoring semi-annual report (Semi-annual report).
- Provide help to the PTC in preparation of the required quarterly progress report.•
- Provide asset to the National technical working groups related to six SDG indicators (2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 6.4.1, and 6.4.2) in preparation of data and ensure timely compilation of these SDG indicators
- Provide support to the PTC in preparation of the report of SDGs indicators under FAO custodianship, to include needed metadata including the method of calculation, data sources and availability.
- Provide asset to the PSC in preparation the road map on monitoring the SDGs which are under FAO custodianship.
- Conduct other related duties as requested by FAO Iraq.
Qualifications of Job United Nation – National Specialist & Coordinator:
- University degree (Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree) in statistics;
- At least 5 years of appropriate experience in working on computing and monitoring SDGs indicators, implementation of statistical surveys, and statistical analysis.
- Working understanding of English and Arabic languages.
- Iraqi National or a legal resident on the country.
If you are looking for more Job United Nation, please click here.