Brief details about Jobs in Asia – Supply & Procurement Officer:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Jobs in Asia , Beijing
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-06-30
Information about the organization that has offered the Jobs in Asia – Supply & Procurement Officer job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of Jobs in Asia – Supply & Procurement Officer:
- Systematic design and performance on Supply’s knowledge management at UNICEF China Site CHN-Supply portal
- Extensive layout design to include necessary information of sharing at Supply’s tender page https://www.unicef.cn/unicef-tenders and keep them up to date
- Transforming data entry of annual Supply Plan from excel to online tool to enable real-time monitoring of supply and procurement procedures
- Helping the team’s effort on Suppliers Database’s categorization and conducting regular maintenance to such database
- Helping in conducting local procurement activities for Low Value Purchase Order (LVPO) and informal bids
- Aiding team members on physical samples evaluation on Goods procurement
- Helping team members on sourcing efforts on solicitation of Services contracting
- Backing up team members on administrative works at ad hoc basis
- Any other related tasks as may be needed or assigned by the supervisor
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are inspired to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Reinforce their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Foster or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Qualifications of Jobs in Asia – Supply & Procurement Officer:
- 5 years of background in professional work experience at the national and/or international level in supply chain management, business administration, or management, or other relevant programmes; experiences working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset.
- Outstanding computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and digitalization at workforce; excellent with database management.
- Competent oral and written skills; solid drafting, formulation and reporting skills.
- Precision and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Capability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Self-motivated, capability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness; comply with Code of Conduct on PSEA.
- Have affinity with or welfare in Procurement, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, for the UN System.
Bachelor’s degree or equal in supply chain management or area related to business administration.
- Chinese understanding Level: Working knowledge, Required
- English understanding Level: Working knowledge, Required
If you are looking for more Jobs in Asia, please click here.