OVERVIEWParent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Dhaka
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 31-MAR-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall supervision of the Culture Unit, the Individual Consultant will perform the following activities from April to December 2023.
- Assist in managing assigned project activities, and budget and ensure the successful outcome and deliverables of the activities.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, concept notes, budget, web, and social media stories.
- Assist in organizing in-person, online, and hybrid meetings, seminars, and workshops expedite the submission of requests for the printing of documents and papers, and take responsibility for their distribution.
- Maintain project filing and reference systems online and hardcopy, create background materials on assigned subjects in consultation with professional staff, and compile appropriate reference materials.
- Propose and obtain deadlines and follow-up dates. Review and communicate reasons for delay (if any), provide details of work in progress, refer to supervisor when decisions concerning deadlines are required; Administrative/Logistics Support.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare travel orders, and arrange for their payments. Prepare procurement requests for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain liaise with partners and vendors.
Long DescriptionADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Maintain administrative control records and related personnel, finance, budget, property, and other documentation of similar nature.
- Draft routine correspondence and memoranda on administrative and financial matters.
- Assist in initiating procurement action, in preparation of purchase orders and contracts, monitor the status of requisitions, and maintain contact with suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic budgetary and other financial reports, calculate and prepare estimates of costs on various entitlements, control commitments and expenditures against budgetary estimates and allocations.
- Support programme personnel/staff on programme budget reallocations and chart of accounts coding, accounting, policy interpretation, application of financial/administrative regulations and rules; etc.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate systems and cost-effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments by ensuring proper internal control.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) – For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergrad/Postgrad from a relevant subject
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in programme, and/or administrative support tasks or related tasks, preferably in an international environment.
Long DescriptionSKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including good drafting skills in English and/or French.
- Ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- Discretion and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Diplomacy and politeness in dealing with external and internal partners requesting information.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules, priorities, and capacity to work effectively under pressure.
- Good computer skills, proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Canva/photoshop etc.).
- Strong knowledge of handling social media page
- Excellent knowledge of English and Bangla
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must send:
- A completed CV
- Cover Letter
- Expected monthly rates
Please send your Application to email@example.com
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
FooterUNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.